The most annoying thing that will happen to you when you are playing your favorite game and this error will blacken your screen and pop (Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Successfully Recovered) annoying right? Today we will end the nightmare even if you are an ATI or NVIDIA user we can still fix it.
Please do follow the instruction below. For ATI user please do prefer on the video tutorial and if you are a NVIDIA user same process will do ;)
- Go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and rename nvlddmkm.sys to nvlddmkm.sys.old.
- Go to nvidia directory (usually in C:\Nvidia or C:\drvvganVidia) and find the file nvlddmkm.sy_.
- Copy the file to your Desktop directory. (paste it to your desktop)
- Open cmd.exe by going to Start > type cmd in the search box and hit enter.
- Change the directory to Desktop by typing chdir Desktop.
- Then, type EXPAND.EXE nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys. Or,
- expand -r nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys
- When the expansion is complete, copy the new nvlddmkm.sys from your Desktop to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
- Restart your computer and the problem should be resolved.
Hope this tutorial help! Good Luck :D